Saturday, April 11, 2009

What is the primary Federal Law that set the stage for our current Employment Law environment?

What is the primary Federal Law that set the stage for our current Employment Law environment? What is the impact of various employment laws on the workplace? How has affirmative action influenced hiring practices?

I am not in HR but I had to answer these questions for a training exercise at work. I was just wondering what the true responses are and if there are any websites that would help me read up on it?

Thank you


There are several laws on that broad a question, mercy. The minimum wage act, social security, women's suffrage, affirmative action, IRS Codes, COBRA, unemployment, unions, product liability, workman's compensation, opportunity zones. This is only the tip of an ICE SHELF. Where do you want to start? I'd start at the library. This biz owner respects the Constitution, but I sure do hate Congress sometimes. Taxes and credits influence my hiring decisions more than anything I guess, but I'm young at 42. Racism never has. Sexism has. My business is financial services.

No comments:

Post a Comment