Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Is Business Law & Taxation a difficult major to undertake? And what career opportunities follow?

I will be entering my first year of university and will be doing Bachelor of Commerce. I haven't yet decided what major to take but a few people have suggested Business Law & Taxation.

I'm hoping to get some more insight on the aforementioned major (what to expect, etc. anything you can tell me would be great) and it's career opportunities.

(I'm bad at math but I love subjects that require reading if that helps)


No, business and tax are not hard. You should go ahead and switch over to a BBA though. You should also expect to take on an additional graduate degree -- either a MA in tax or a JD (a law degree).

You can then work as a CPA, lawyer, or in the finance field or corporate world. Tax lawyers do the most interesting work, followed by CPAs at the final four accounting firms. There are smaller firms that would hire you too. The IRS and state tax authorities also hire.

Gary

http://www.lawfiles.net

No comments:

Post a Comment