Friday, April 17, 2009

What do I need to do, to try to change a law, or how do I find people who are already attempting it?

I have fought too many battles the last 5 years in court involving my ex, the county we live in, child support issues, and the special needs of my sons in regards to all the above. I have come to realize that our legal system is not going to seek justice, or even fair play in regards to me, or my sons, so I would like to attempt to connect with people who are in the process of changing certain laws in regards to child support/visitation/medical responsiblity, etc. Do you know of a group, or site, or any information I can find in regards to who and what is being politically lobbied, and if not, do you know how a person with few resources would begin the process of trying to have a law changed?

Thank you for your time.


Talk to your local congressman or representative. That person fields questions and comments about all sorts of laws each day, and I guarantee it includes child support and medical responsibility issues. He or she would definately have contacts to any key individuals or organizations regarding your desires for a law change.

Furthermore, this individual is responsible for initiating law changes and is the person who can help you accomplish that mission.

Good luck.

BTW, to find your representative or congressman, go to http://www.house.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment