Thursday, April 16, 2009

What are the best things to have on a law school resume?

I am planning on going to a top law school when I finish college and was wondering what should be on my resume. Here are the things I currently have (not many things but some great ones).

-3.83 GPA

-170 LSAT score

- I own a business and make 40k a year from it

I'm going to be a sophmore and am 19. I am currently attending a top 25 business school and am graduating in marketing or administration.


Law schools are looking for:

1. Besides top grades, are you involved in any honor societies?

2. What volunteer groups are in you involved in?

3. Are you a minority, since most academic scholarships are heavily weighted towards affirmative action?

4. Even though you own a $40K a year business, who does the formal written communication with customers, vendors?

5. Do you have a relative who is an alumni of the prospective law school?

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment