Thursday, April 16, 2009

How does one find protection from political abuse in law school?

False harassment allegations, faculty bias, etc

I've heard plenty of stories to tell me that these things go on in law school - even met one woman that bragged about how she would make false allegations of sexual harassment towards law students after trying to blackmail them in their library. I'm not sure if she was honest or just psycho or both, but obviously this sort of garbage could happen.

Anyhow, the potential for victimization of law students who are shelling out crazy funds to study law is a serious cause for me to hesitate entering the field...


I think that some people allow themselves to be put in compromising situations and are then too ashamed or too ignorant of their rights to do anything about it. There are predators in all sectors of life. Forewarned is forearmed, I'd say.

But don't let the stories of a few people ruin a potential career choice. I know plenty of people who have graduated law school and have never had a harassing encounter.

Quit law school. Law school victimizes law students generally. I know--I am a lawyerperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment